Harmony of Nature, Grand Canyon Thomas anh Pigeons
The Western music notation is considered as the standard music notation of the world. However, it is not perfect. It is complicated. This site was created to bring awareness to the world by showing this newest and simplest music notation : "3JCNGUYEN MUSIC NOTATION" or "3JCN" for short.
Here are some more benefits of 3JCN over Western:
1. Musical terms "Treble clef", "Bass clef", "Tenor clef", "Alto clef" do not exist in 3JCN music notation. Western must use bass clef, treble clef, tenor clef, alto clef, ledger lines (leger lines), 8va (an octave higher than written) and 8vb (an octave lower than written) to describe different range of notes. 3JCN uses only one format for all musical notes, for examples 3g1 or 5b4 or 8a2.
2. Music terms "Tuplets" ("triplet", "duplet", "quadruplet", "quintuplet", "sextuplet", "septuplet", "octuplet", "nonuplet", "decuplet", "undecuplet", "dodecuplet", "tredecuplet", etc. ) do not exist in 3JCN music notation because each note's duration can be written in mathematical fraction format. For example:
3. 3JCN can keep a song in the form of a poem, Western cannot do it. Look at the song "MAIN DANS LA MAIN" that takes its lyrics from a poem:
4. It's easy to check number of beats in each measure. For example, from above song (Main Dans La Main) Let's check total beat of the first measure: 1.5 + 1/2 + 1.5 + 1/4 + 1/4 = 4 beats = numerator of Time Signature (4/4)
5. Composers don't need any music software to create music sheets. Look at the song "Main Dans La Main" above. Any text editors such as Microsoft Word, Notepad, Acrobat Writer, ... can be used to write music!
6. It is easier for programmers and developers to create 3JCN music software than Western music software.
7. In physics, music is a special kind of sound and sound is a wave. Western uses oval shape to describe a music note. It looks like "a particle". This might give people a wrong idea: "Music is composed of particles". 3JCN uses two number and a letter in middle to describe a music note. It suggests a shape of "wave" :
8. If you take a look at 3JCN music sheet at the first time, you might feel it looks like a sheet of math homework. That is another great thing of 3JCN: It shows the relationship between music and mathematics. Ever since Pythagoras used numerical terms to express intervals between notes and derived musical tones from geometrical patterns, mathematicians have linked music to numbers . Music elements such as tones, pitches, intervals, chords, scales, harmonics, rhythms, chord progression, tuning, time signature, key signature, etc. are related to mathematical terms like counting, ratio, fraction, series, patterns, prime numbers, Fibonacci numbers, etc. which are belonged to different mathematical subjects such as Algebra, Abstract Algebra, Number Theory, Set Theory, Geometry, etc.
9. 3JCN can help people post music notes (not only icon) and write songs on Facebook or on iphone text messages with no effort (no need mobile app or ASCII codes or copy & paste from web pages, etc.)
For people, who already know Western music notation, they just need couple hours to master 3JCN music notation. For people, who start to learn music, 3JCN is the fastest method to help them play musical instruments. 3JCN is abbreviation for Thomas' Children names. We hope that after studying this new system, people will understand the great benefit from which they have obtained from learning music with 3JCN. Until then, they will appreciate the advantage of 3JCN. They will become our messengers to share this system with their friends. Please leave your feedback in "Contact" page, thank you!
Inventor of 3JCN MUSIC NOTATION: Thomas Nguyen (a.k.a Thomas Nguyen Tuan) MS Computer Science, MS Physics from San Diego State University, California. Currently, he is an adjunct Physics Instructor at Grossmont College and Palomar College.